The internship assignment is about the elaboration (incl. training and validation) of different models to arrive at a good prediction of congestion.
Hendrikx ITC has developed a data processing platform for networks over the past 15 years: 1OPTIC. With 1OPTIC, Performance, Configuration, and Fault Management (= alarming) data (real-time) of network elements can be read out and then displayed in dashboards.
1OPTIC is scalable: it can be used for monitoring small IoT networks with a few dozen elements, but also for national mobile networks with hundreds of thousands of network elements.
For a customer, a national telecom operator, 1OPTIC is used for monitoring the GSM, UMTS, LTE, and 5G networks. The PM, CM, and FM data of the entire network is structured and available in a data warehouse.
The customer is interested in predicting congestion, the situation that due to insufficient capacity people can no longer call or use the internet. Is it possible to predict congestion based on PM, CM, and FM data? With a good prediction, parameter changes can be made in the network so that congestion can be prevented. Or kept to a minimum. This allows the operator’s services to be further optimized.
Do you recognize yourself in this?
- English language skills required, Dutch optional
- Some knowledge of Python and/or R (duh)
- You will follow a relevant study in the field of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- A solution-oriented mentality
What we have to offer:
- Appropriate compensation
- Excellent career opportunities
- Possibility to (partially) work from home (in accordance with the applicable COVID-19 guidelines)
- Supervision of a JADS alumnus
- Brabantian coziness
- A challenging assignment where you get room to learn
- Unique business premises next to Tilburg Central Station with the most beautiful roof terrace in Tilburg and surroundings
Enthusiastic about this internship? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Ad Hendrikx. He will be happy to talk to you about this internship.